top of page

EU Rights/ Permits

EU law provide rights and benefits for EU citizens and their family member and although the UK is now on the verge of leaving the EU, these rules might be relevant to you or your family if you’re an EU national. There are several options available within EU law below are just two example of permits you could apply for.



You can apply for the EEA Family Permit if you’re a close or extended family member of an EEA or Swiss national.


You can be a close or ‘extended’ family member - for example a brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, nephew or niece.



Apply for the EU Settlement Scheme family permit if you’re the close family member of an EEA or Swiss national and they have ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status under the EU Settlement Scheme.


You must be a ‘close’ family member, such as a spouse, civil partner, dependent child or dependent parent.

bottom of page