top of page

Work Visa/ Permit

The UK work visa categories are designed to attract professionals from all industries to occupy key positions. Some UK work visas allow for extended visa options which may lead to permanent residence.


UK work visas require applicants to have a job offer before they can apply. Visas can be granted from one day up to 5 years and processing takes approximately 3 weeks to 3 months from the time the application is received.


It is very important to note that the UK Company offering you a position must have a sponsor licence in order to issue you with a certificate of sponsorship before you can apply for the visa. Broadly, the rules which govern the work visa system can be found under Appendix Skilled Worker, Intra-Company Routes, Global Talent, Start-up and Innovator.



If you’re skilled or semi-skilled in your profession and has a job offer from a company in the UK you maybe be eligible to apply for this visa to come to the UK.


Key requirements:

  • Obtain a certificate of sponsorship from the employer.

  • Meet the financial conditions

  • Have the right level of English language

  • For permission to enter applications - a Criminal record certificate for some jobs ie Nurses 

  • There is requirement to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge

  • Tuberculosis test certificate (if from a listed country)


Your family is able to join you and the length of visa depends on your job arrangement.

You can be issued visa up to 5 years. Can lead to settlement.

For some occupations, depending on your experience and qualification, we are able to support you to secure a job with a particular employer who will be your sponsor. 

If you want more information, do contact us.



You’re able to apply for this visa if your overseas employer has offered you a role in a UK branch of the organisation. Essentially, if your company has a branch in the UK and you have been offered a role you would be able to apply for this visa.



If you’ve been offered a job within a faith community (for example as a minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order) in the UK, you could apply for this visa to come to travel to the UK.



You can apply for this visa if all of the following apply to you:

  • you’re an elite sportsperson or qualified coach, who’s recognised by your sport’s governing body as being at the highest level of your profession internationally

  • your sport’s governing body is endorsing your application

  • your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level


If you are an expert or professional in your area of work or interest and you have an event or short-term work to be completed in the UK, this is the visa you would need to apply for. The UK has vibrant and diverse economy and population which provides a wonderful opportunity to expand and develop your talent and business.


You need to have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed employer before you can apply to come to the UK to work under this category.


The work you do in the UK must relate to the work of your sponsor organisation.


There are other temporary work categories which might be more suited to your need, get in touch with us for further guidance.


  • Temporary Worker - Charity Worker visa (Tier 5)

  • Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange visa (Tier 5)

  • Temporary Worker - International Agreement visa (Tier 5)

  • Temporary Worker - Religious Worker visa (Tier 5)

  • Temporary Worker - Seasonal Worker Visa (Tier 5)

  • Youth Mobility Scheme visa (Tier 5)

bottom of page