top of page

Windrush Compensation Scheme

You may be able to claim compensation through the Windrush Compensation Scheme if you suffered a loss because you could not demonstrate your lawful right to live in the UK. What is interesting is that this applies to a larger group of people than the title suggest. If you have a right of abode or settled status (or are now a British citizen) and arrived to live in the UK before 31 December 1988 you will also be eligible to apply regardless of your nationality when you arrived – even if you are not a Commonwealth citizen.

8 views0 comments


bottom of page